It has been a busy time over here in the realm of Andrea, and I am so grateful for all the adventures, meeting new folks, and collaborations in the works. In a few days, I return to the motherland of Belize for a much needed retreat for the rest of the month. I call it a vacation, but I will be snapping away, and taking note of some of my favorite spots to share with you through this blog, as well as partnering with the great folks at TripleSpot in featuring my spots in Belize.
As I get to packing, I’ve decided to showcase some of my travel essentials for my trip. We can start with the personal care and accessory items in the photo above. From center:
- Hematite & Jadeite Necklace- purchased during one of my last trips to Belize from a local artisan, I love this necklace because of its clean look and versatility. Both stones are also known to have healing properties.
- Smith’s Rose & Mandarin Lip Balm- aside from being super-moisturizing, the balm has a nice rosy tint, and fresh mandarin scent. Great for both day, and to moisturize lips overnight.
- Velvet Eyewear Joie Sunglasses- I love the shape of these shades, which give a nod to the 1960’s. I also love the subtle blue to camel fade on the frames. Sea and sand anyone?
- Model’s Own Coral Glaze HyperGel Nail Polish- as they don’t yet sell in the US, my cousin brought me back this polish from London. I love the shade, and can’t wait to try it out!
- FLOSS GLOSS Wet & Con Limon Polishes- because it’s the color of the Caribbean Sea, and the slice of lime in my Rum Punch, obvi.
- Eva NYC Get Up And Go! Hair Care Travel Kit- all of the products from this line are infused with Argan Oil, which is great for combatting frizz.
- COOLA Sport SPF 30 Piña Colada Sunscreen Spray- because I want to tan the safe way while smelling like a tropical adult beverage.
Clockwise from top center, then looping back to the middle:
- Theodora & Callum Greek Keys Printed Scarf (similar)– one of my favorite prints in my collection, this cotton/linen blend scarf is incredibly versatile and can be used as a cover-up, head-wrap, or as a shawl when it gets breezy.
- JBL Synchros E10 in-ear headphones- super lightweight and great for the beach. Also has a microphone and is phone compatible, but I won’t be taking any calls 😉
- Element Blythe Dress- the nautical vibe dress is perfect for my sea-filled vacation. It is also cotton with a bit of stretch, so I will stay cool during the hot temperatures.
- Ester-C Immune Support Tablets- you can never have to much Vitamin C, and I will make sure my immune system is up to par with all the traveling, and varying temperatures.
- Element Trini Short- these fleece, drawstring shorts are perfect for lamping around the beach, not the town, because they are extremely short (but I kinda like it that way).
- Cosabella Sol Lowrider String Bikini– when it’s time to tan, I like maximum exposure, therefore I always opt for tiny bikinis. This string bottom is tiny, whilst remaining tasteful. I love the teal color as well.
- Old Navy Palm Tree Print Beach Towel- the colors and print are perfect, and the towel is a nice large size to lay out on.
- Cosabella Sol Push-Up Triangle Top– as a proud member of the ittie bitties, I love this top because it adds a little lift, without looking like a padded mess. Also I appreciate how slim the strings are, to facilitate in less tan lines, woop!
Here’s a close-up of my beach essentials (above). I can’t wait to jump into the water in my new bikini! Hopefully I will get some photos in it. I can’t wait to set off to Belize for some much needed R&R. Be sure to keep an eye out for my spots, and of course, an #AlifeinthedayinBelize feature!
Photos by Andrea K. Castillo