10. La Roux (UK): I missed them last year because of stage conflicts, and I just need to sing “Bulletproof” at the top of my lungs.
9. Simian Mobile Disco (UK): I dig their funky electro sound. Makes me feel like running around in a field with a bunch of hippies. Oh, you say that’s I will be doing at Coachella? Correct. I suppose this is the proper venue for them.
8. Benny Benassi (Italy): I’ve wanted to see Benny Benassi for a few years now, but have missed all his stints at Electric Zoo. I can finally let out my inner raver to his jams in the desert. Splendid.
7. Jamie Jones (UK): I discovered Jamie Jones this year after seeing his name in the 2013 line-up. I was pleasantly surprised with his soulful house hybrid.
6. Hot Chip (UK): Great vocals. Great production. Music to dance to.
5. Phoenix (France): Although categorized as an alternative rock band, Phoenix delivers near perfect pop vocals and melodies, that you have all heard at some point or another.
4. The xx (UK): It kind of goes without saying that The xx have a near cult following. The blend of Romy Madley Croft and Oliver Sim’s vocals create and almost dreamlike atmosphere, that I can’t wait to see live.
Facebook: The xx
3. Disclosure (UK): Jams on jams, on jams. When I listen to Disclosure, there is nothing more I want to do than dance the morning, noon, and night away. The British brother duo has worked with one of my faves, Jessie Ware (who is next up on this list). Their single “Latch” features another UK vocalist on the rise, Sam Smith.
2. Jessie Ware (UK): Jessie is my girl. She is so soulful and believable in every lyric that she sings. She’s collaborated with some of my faves in the UK, including SBTRKT and Sampha. Peep her live version of “What You Won’t Do for Love”, a cover of the Bobby Caldwell track of the same name, produced by/featuring Sampha.
1. JAMES BLAKE (UK): My ears believe that the voice of James Blake was created in another universe, and sent specifically for him to use. The inflections in his voice are unlike what I have heard in many vocalists, and because of this, I am intrigued to listen to him more and more. His new effort “Overgrown” was released yesterday on iTunes, and of course, I’ve jumped on for the ride. Check out the first single “Retrograde” below.