Here is the second holiday edition of The Coveted, this time for the fellas! If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out my ladies picks, you can do so here. This list is a collaboration of my picks and that of a few good men, whose opinions I trust. Check it out.
For the Fellas!
- There is no question that men love technology, especially the offerings of Apple. Keep your man friend occupied with a new iPad 2 (from $499), iPod touch (from $199), or iPhone 4S (from $199) equipped with video and camera capabilities, Facetime, and apps galore! Available at the Apple Store, among other retailers.
- Spread the holiday cheer with a gift of holiday cheer! This is NOT the time to gift an ordinary bottle of booze, it’s the holidays, so get fancy! As per my brother Delbert, he suggests Moet Chandon Ice Imperial, because it is not your everyday champagne. Moet Chandon Ice Imperial is meant to be served over ice (blasphemy!) and is a blend of pinot noir, pinot meunier, and chardonnay with a light, peachy scent. Retails for approximately $60, available at Mel & Rose.
HBO Series DVD Boxed Set
- HBO has tons of great prime-time shows that almost always reach cult status. The season ends, and we all cry a little until the next one comes. Hold him over with a season boxed set. I picked How To Make it In America because it’s one of my personal favorites, along with that of many of my guy friends. The complete first season retails for $39.99 (DVD) and $49.99 (Blu Ray) and is available at the HBO Store.
- Watches always work, in my opinion. I’ve always been partial to G-Shock and my brother co-signed, so here it is. The model above comes in a sleek black body with gold accented display and programmable world time. It is shock resistant and water resistant up to 200 M–the perfect combination of style and function! Retails for $120, available at Shop Casio.
- If your man is a big music head, headphones are a great gift choice. Beats by Dre has many offerings, but if you want to go for the gold, I would suggest the Studio series of over ear headphones. They offer HD sound and noise cancellation for an enjoyable listening experience. Now available in limited edition colors. Retails for $349.95 and available at Beats by Dre.
- Here’s a gift on the cheap that can offer great results; the Iron Gym. The Iron Gym Xtreme Total Upper Body Workout Bar is a great gift for the man that wants a simple solution to getting a ripped upper body. This all-in-one device can be used for pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, crunches and dips. Retails for approximately $30 at multiple retailers, which you can check out here.
- Fragrance is always a good choice for a man, specifically the fragance that you want to smell on him. The choice you make is quite personal, but here is another choice from my brother, Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren. It is sold as an eau de toilette (EDT) spray, which is water based. The scent contains notes of mango, roasted coffee, pepper, and rich woods, suitable for a bold man. Retails for $58 (2.5 oz) and $73 (4.2 oz), available at Sephora.
And there it is for the fellas! Look out for more lists 🙂