Later on this week, I hop on a flight to Toronto to experience Caribana weekend, and a wonderful opportunity to connect with the local creative community. I will be exploring the city and all it has to offer in the realm of food & drink, entertainment, retail, and culture. I will be staying for five days, and have decided to share some of the essentials I will be packing!
Clockwise from top, then making a little loop at the bottom:
- JBL Synchros E40BT On-Ear Bluetooth headphones- Tunes are necessary, but you know this.
- Private Party “Hold Up, Hold My Phone” Sweatshirt- When in the land of Drake, wear his lyrics on your chest?
- Angel’s Laws Of Blogging by Angel Laws- A gift from my former Concrete Loop employer, that is so necessary to read right now
- Selena Texas Tee – An original design from my Canada babes, Girls With Gunz. Gotta rep!
- Dolce Vita Faux Leather Shorts - Simple. Edgy. Simple. Done.
- Cosabella Triangle Bikini Top & Boyshort Bottoms – You know, in case a pool finds me.
- Rose Quartz Ring - handmade by a local artisan in BK, to bring about good vibes.
- Mophie Juice Pack Air - So necessary for being on the go, when outlets are at a minimum.
- Mixed Chicks Paddle Brush - I have thick hair, and this detangles it quite well.
- Madewell Denim Cutoffs in Red - Because the color is seen in the Belizean flag. I’m creative?
- Cheesy Belize Mesh Tank - Purchased on Flatbush when I was 16, to be worn at the Caribana parade, obvi.
- SUPER Ciccio Francis Sunglasses – One of my fave pairs of shades in a dark Havana. The arms are gold cheetah print, which is totally up my alley.
- Ouidad Color Sense Travel Kit - Although my hair is no longer color treated, this moisturizing collection quenches my curls and resists humidity.
- EOS Travel Size Pomegranate Raspberry Shave Cream - Because hair grows back, quicker than we would like.
- FLOSS GLOSS Nail Polish in Dinge – A pink undertoned, white sand situation.
- ZOYA Nail Polish in Ling- In case I’m feeling bold, I need the option.
Side of some of my travel wares for Toronto. Isn’t the Selena tee the best?
Close-up of everything. At this point in life I probably have more toiletries and beauty items than anything, but it’s fine, because I write about them! I’m super pumped for my trip, and will be documenting for a special A Life in the Day in Toronto series when I return right here on the blog! Keep an eye out. :)
*Photos by Andrea K. Castillo